Sunday, May 9, 2010

"Mumbling Nation"




“Mumbling Nation”

Among the World
Lined in seats
Mindlessly stare
How do they think?
Mumbling voices
Tones do share
A world together
Separate affair
My eyes look through
Are their faces hidden?
Or just to far apart
If I do speak
My words you cannot hear


As we traveled in the airport, and did things in Ukraine we interacted/come in contact with so many people from many different parts of the world. As we sat on the airplane all starring forward at the backs of the seats in front of us. I was trying to think about their different lives, but I cannot understand them, but you can tell if they are happy, sad, or angry by their tone of voice and body language. We all boarded the same plane with different reasons, and places to go. Do they seem lonely and cold, sad, depressed, or is it just seem that way because of difference in culture. Even if I try to talk to them, they cannot understand me as much as I want to communicate with them. Basically this is just me thinking about how I am going to have an impact and be able to connect with people from a different world/culture that I know very little about, and don't understand anything about the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment