Monday, June 20, 2011

Cultural Bus Tour

Man Worshiping the gods 

I was able to go on a free bus tour with a church group as a cultural experience and site seeing.  The first part of the trip we stopped at a Buddhist Temple.









For 3 hours of the bus ride we had to listen to Karaoke. The other Americans I was with really didn't like it. I didn't mind it, I actually thought it was kinda fun, but I wouldn't have minded a little less Karaoke on the trip.




One of the stops we made was in a old town. The lady to the left sells honey. She is a bee keeper without the protective suit or gloves. Look at her bare hands, how she just pushes the bees around.

The photo of the women above is a very interesting. We were walking down the street and I see this women standing amongst this rubble I heard her saying in Chinese "Jesus Loves You" On the building was a sign with a cross. I assume this place might have once been a church. I asked her if I could take a picture and she accepted and gladly posed for this shot.
Another stop we made was at a pottery factory. This factory had tons of pottery some that they make for Disney and other American companies.




No comments:

Post a Comment