Sunday, June 20, 2010

Start of STC

STC (Student/Summer Training Core)
The stc'ers arrived all day between 10 am and 5 pm. We have a lot of new faces and old ones from last year. It has been a lot of fun meeting all the little workers for this summer. There is a large group of skaters this year. I skated with about 3 or 4 of them the day they arrived. One of the parents of a STC'er from last year brought their 11 year old son to the skatepark. He had only been skating for 2 weeks. I should him how to drop in, and I think he only fell once. He dropped in on a 51/2foot mini ramp first try, didn't fall, has only been skating for 2 weeks, and this is his first time on ramps. Apparently his older brother has shown him videos of me from last year, so the kid loves me and thinks I am an awesome skater. He was so happy that I showed him how to drop in. This little Mexican is going to be an amazing skater if he doesn't put down his board.

No comments:

Post a Comment