Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day Off! Skateboarding with Kenny

Kenny Hopkins - fs 50-50

I had my first weekly day off from camp. I spent the whole day sleeping, reading, and just all around relaxing...jk. I went skateboarding and completely wore myself out. Kurtis (my brother) dropped me off at Kenny Hopkins house in Glens Falls. We skated around looking for some spots. We found part of a metal roof ready to go out to the junk yard, but in a skaters eyes it is a beautiful piece of art.

We found a nice small gap to skate, but going down it can tend to get a little easy. Kenny Hopkins with a bs 180 up the gap. Kenny was getting close to a bs flip up the gap. However some lady started to threaten us with calling the cops for skateboarding. She could have been a little nicer. We were not damaging anything, we were respecting people and staying out of the way of any cars.



Kenny - Switch fs 180 up the gap


I found a shopping cart rolling around by its self in the parking lot, so I figured he might want somebody to roll around with him.




After street skating we headed back to Word of Life to skate the mini and hang out with the stc'ers



Kenny - Blunt to Fakie
I think if Kenny did 100 of these in a row he would probably fall on only 10 of them.

Josh Linglebach - Indy grab spine transfer


Josh - 360 flip to fakie above coping

Franky wanted to get in on the action, laying down on the coping, Joe does a Rock to Franky (aka rock to fakie). We got 4 of us to try to rock to fakie him spreading ourselves across his body. However it was a complete failure.

Kenny - Blunt to Franky (he didn't land this one but he has on his other friends before)

No comments:

Post a Comment