Friday, March 19, 2010

Stuck in Jersey!


The plan was to come to Jersey on Sunday, check out the ministry, not just skating, but office work/behind the scenes stuff, then leave on thursday. As time went on plans changed, for me to leave on saturday morning, because Corey (intern for sfnj) was going to "Camp of the Woods" which is up by wolbi (school). It turns out that Corey got sick, so he was unable to go. Being so last minute I had to buy a grey hound bus ticket from Ridgewood, NJ to Albany, NY but the buses where full, for all day saturday. Steve and his wife, Kim, were leaving for Washington D.C. at 1pm on saturday. As I scrambled to find a bus ticket home, I found one from Newark, NJ however I had to purchase it two hours ahead of time, and it already was past that. We decided that they would leave for D.C., I would stay, and open the Barn (skatepark) for the leaders skate club that was going to be canceled because of Steve being out of town, and Corey not being able to be there. Steve entrusted me with his house and car, and keys to skatepark for the weekend. Kenny left on Wednsday to go to Long Island and would be coming back through on Sunday to go home. In the end it all worked out.


I opened the Barn for 4 guys (Pat, John, Ross, ?) to come out and skate. We skated inside for a bit, but with the weather being so nice we had to skate the mini outside under the sun. An hour and half later (4:30), we left to go get some pizza to eat. While we where out, I really wanted to skate some street spots. They directed my attention to this nice drop.



Sequence #1
John - Boneless


Sequence #2
Dale Nolan Jr. (Me) - Ollie the Gap
Photo by Pat


Angle #2
Unsatisfied photographer = multi times you have to do the trick.
We changed the angle, but he pushed the wrong button for the photo, so I had to do it yet another time. However it was fun, and helped me get better at doing drops again.






We went back to the "Barn" after our street session around 6pm then skated there until about 8 or 9pm. While there in the midst of us getting tired, during a little water break, I got the opportunity to talk to them about Christ's payment on the cross for our sins, and not of works but by faith in his gift we can have a relationship with the Father.

Here are a few more Sequences:

Pat - Ollie on to box, no comply shove-it out.



Dale Nolan Jr. - Nose Manuel
Photo: Pat




No comments:

Post a Comment