Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow Camp Week #5


"We will not survive, we will thrive, in week 5"

This week we had about 356 campers with very little snow. Most campers had more snow at home then we have up here for snow camp. I Unit Lead over 6 counselors with a total of 16 campers between my two groups. After the salvation message on friday night 4 of the campers from my group went forward, that night there was about 47 campers (plus others throughout the week) who put their faith in Christ alone. (this is the most we had out of any weekend this year). Then on Sunday morning many came forward to commit their lives to Christ. As I Unit Lead I found myself pretty useless as my counselors did a god job, and had little problems with their campers. Saturday night I walk into the cabin to check on my counselors and to tell them so important information. When I walk into the room, (it is in a gym with lots of bunks dividing the groups by corner walls), I see campers jumping bunk to bunk into a pile of mattresses/wall. I knew something had to be done, so I showed them how to jump into a pile of mattresses right. I as actually glad to see my counselors letting the kids have crazy fun, but watching them not letting things get out of hand. (Some counselors go to the other extreme and don't let kids stay up past midnight or do any pranks, I told my counselors to do pranks with them, so things can be supervised and they will see you can have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment