Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Destruction Metal: Talent Show Try Outs

(This is a blog about The Talent Show in Fall Quarter)
The Talent Show try outs were coming up faster then we expected, leaving us with no time to make a skit. We quickly signed up with an idea of making music with garbage cans. So the night before the tryouts Owen and I, in his room, throwing trash can lids and banging them on the ground trying to figure out how we where going to pull this together, then deciding we needed more help quickly recruited a band to play with us. The morning of try outs as we grabbed our props for the show, we almost officially decided what we where doing, with out anyone else knowing. Owen knew most of the plans, but I still was adding ideas in my head. Right before we performed,  right after getting all the props on stage I took everyone outside the door told them what we where doing, and this is what happened...call it what you want, but I see it is beauty, in the form of a new genre known as "A Musical of Interpretive Dance Hardcore Show Destruction"



The Judges loved the show, but we did not make it.

One of the judges, Nick Charlton commented "I thought I was going to die." when describing the try outs to a student in lunch room.

No comments:

Post a Comment