Friday, February 5, 2010

Scapegoat Concert


I saw fliers for a free concert going around campus that was being run by a church near by. I want with a 3 students who does Local Church Ministries with the church. There was 4 bands, one that consisted of a praise band, the other one covered songs written by other bands, another that just played instrumental (who was really good, but I don't like music without vocals), and then Scapegoat who was the main attraction. Seeing it was put on bye a church you have to understand things normally don't get as crazy as most concerts...yes, I did get in a little trouble for moshing a little to rough. However it was a good time. There was a air guitar competition, and guess who won...me. I recieved a Scapegoat cd and sticker, m&m's, gum, a monster and $10 gift card to Stewart's. I thought I deserved 2nd place, this one old guy who got 2nd was hilarious.

However the most important thing that encouraged me a lot was their love for God, he was basically preaching to introduce the ever song they were about to play. Something a lot of famous "christian" bands seem to lack.

They aren't nearly has hard as Destruction Metal but maybe someday we will be on opening band for them, or they will be an opening band for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment