Monday, February 22, 2010

Mission Impossible

After returning to my room from a fun time at Mark and Amy Wallenwine's, I entered my room to notice that someone has went through the possessions in my desk draw. I took a closer look to see if anything was acquired.
As I looked I noticed a little note that said "Fragile To: Owen + Dale 'Top Secret'" Then on the flap to open this message says, "read disc before playing." On the Disc it stated that we must not play the disc until we have a free afternoon. So we played in Sunday night at about midnight, without the free after noon. Watching it under the cover of my bed sheets (with Owen) to protect any "Top Secret" information from my roommates. The disc played scrolling words like on Star Wars, with someone reading the text to use, telling us we have been sent on a Top Secret Mission, we must find Adam Davenport and receive the clue from him. That is basically what it said, but I don't really remember because after it stated that, it said to destroy the disc in 10 seconds and started counting down. 10....9.....8....I quickly hit the eject button on my computer and started breaking the disc into pieces!
My roommates not understanding what is going on, or really ever understanding what I am doing looked at my confused as if I was crazy. Trying to remember what was important that the disc mentioned we headed off on our "Secret Mission" Monday morning.

Upon arrival of Adam Davenport to the dinning hall, we approached him with intent of getting our clue. He responding by making us do a task for him. I had to get into my possession by way of applying at the college fair, a Trinity College Medium t-shirt, Pen, and a food item from food table for the people representing colleges. As I approached my mission I arrived at the Trinity College table, they had no mediums left and only one Large left, all the rest were XL's. I began my race against the kid next to me to beat him in filling out the application to receive the last Large t-shirt. I swiftly defeated his slow penmanship skills with time to spare. I got the representative to retrieve my a banana for me, and took one of their pens.

With the prize in hand I delivered the "goods" to Mr. Davenport to receive the clue. He hands me a nice little folded piece of paper, I unwrap it, to see that there is a little comic strip drawn on the front with the clue on the back side.

...908...immediately I knew it had to be some ones mail box number. We rushed to the library to get a school directory to find out the owner of this number. After reviewing the box numbers we noticed that the message traces us back to Adam Davenport. This time we decided not to play in his little games. We threatened him to give us the next clue, or brutal beating would be upon him. He tried to talk us out of it, and eventually gave in to our appeal. He handed us an envelope much like the one the cd was in earlier. I pulled out the card with a little riddle inside.

We followed the riddle to what we believed it spoke of. Searching everywhere we could not find out item. So we took an hour break...

After our break we returned and found what we were looking for. The note stated "You not finished yet...come skate w/ me." We went back to my room to see if there was any clues on my skateboard, none...the only other thing it could be referring to is the skatepark.

We drove down to the skatepark to find a piece of paper in a ziplock bag.

The paper was a Treasure Map! drawn just like we taught Morgan and Naomi on our Valentines date, with the fake dirt to make it look authentic and the monster in the way of the path to the treasure.

Following the map we climbed up hungry hill to the place we had a fire on our date, searching the area's we walked we found a baggy with some candy, our bandana's we let them borrow, and a note.

The note basically thanked us for the good time they had with us on our little date and said that they hoped we had fun on the scavenger hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment