Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Team Building & Training

This week, as our R.A. Training is more of a bonding time to get to know, our fellow R.A.'s and to get to know the R.A.'s in our sister dorm. The First day we went to Saratoga to walk around the city and go shopping. We found a fountain that apparently has this natural mineral water flowing from it. It looked a little rusty and sketchy but we tried it anyway. The sign said it was good for you. It was the weirdest tasting water and was not very good. It was like a mixture of carbonated water, rusty pipe, and rotten eggs. It was such a beautiful day though, didn't know many people but had a great time hanging out getting to know them. Today we went on a canoe trip. For some reason my canoe was smaller then everyone else's. We had 3 people in the boat, it was Bianca Brown, and Gun-ju. Gun-ju was the kinda of guy that every time we got a little water in the canoe he wanted to beach the canoe and empty the water out, which is a bad combination when I'm in the boat and Miss Brown. There was definitely a little race down the river between some of the other canoes, and then there was some canoes that didn't paddle at all and just depended on the water current to take them. However it turned into a little battle, not really in anyone else's eyes, however in my canoe we were something like pirates or native americans. We tried stealing other peoples paddles, at one point I jumped into another canoe. Then after jumping out into the water, my canoe seemed to stay very distant from me. So I ended up swimming down the river for about half a mile. When finally I convinced them to let me back on the boat. About every 10 minutes we would rotate positions on the canoe, by the end of the trip we got pretty good at it. It was a great day, and I had a lot of fun spending time with people, and getting to know them better. I really have come to like all my fellow Dorm R.A.'s and my D.C. I think Hungry Dorm has a good crew this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment