Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of Leadership Trainning

I am currently rooming with two other first year students, Diego and Laser. Diego is here for soccer and Laser wants to be a Maintenance Supervisor. Today started out  getting up around 6:30 am going to breakfast. Then getting into the Word at 7:15-7:45 in psalms 83:1-18. After that at 8 am training began with basic overview of everything, the rules, kinda what's expected and how things are going to work the next few days. Then we headed off to lunch. After lunch we had work from 2-5. I got on the path repair team. We weeded the paths, straightened them out, flattened/leveled them out, while others worked on many other things. I got a chance to talk to some new people, while working and also catching up with friends I haven't seen in a long time from last year.

Speed Interviews


After dinner we had to do some speed interviews, the best way to describe it is, it's kinda like speed dating. You talk to 10 people and you only have 30 sec. Most of them just stare at you and won't say a word. The first person I talked to had a cowboy hat on with a white wig, and a dear antler on the table. I tried talking to him, but it was a one way conversation, with little distraction of him trying to pick my nose with the dear antler. It felt like forever getting through that interview. The Next person I go to was a girl with sunglasses, chewing bubble gum. I don't know if I was acting silly but she started laughing at me, probably was because she was trying to be so serious. In the middle of me talking to her someone started to shoot me with a squirt gun in the back of the neck. Then we move to round 3. Seeing these people weren't really talking to me, I started talking to the Monty, who was sitting next to me, getting interviewed.  The next few people were more normal, with just me talking to them, and them not talking to me. The last guy I actually talked to, at the end of my interview with him said he read my interview on Youth in Action Mag. So He already knew more about me then I realized. It was a lot of fun. One person went around singing to everyone when they got interviewed, other people spoke in different languages, one girl talked about her favorite ice-cream to everyone. I wish I could do speed interviews every time I get interviewed...

No comments:

Post a Comment