Saturday, September 12, 2009

R.A. Training

This morning was our Handbook Exam. I think I got most of it right. I did have to live in all the rules all of last year so I think I can remember most of it, but some rules have changed for the better and worse. I still don't know if I have made the position, I will post on Sunday if I made the R.A. position or not. It's been a great week, getting to know everyone who wants to try out for leadership training. A lot of new faces and some old ones. There are a lot of very godly students coming through the leadership program. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't make the cut and I am fine with it, if I do or don't.

This morning Rick Garland spoke on building walls. His message is titled "Castles and Bridges". You picture castles as have huge walls with a pit full of water and alligators. Most castles have a drawl bridge, so you can remove any access to the structure. However Bridges, are a way to connect land masses or groups of people to each other. When we get hurt by someone we want to build a Castle. When we build our castle with the big walls, and they build their castle from us, it makes it really hard to communicate. You have to yell over your wall, and they are trying to yell over their wall. It doesn't work very well. We build castles to protect us from getting hurt but when you do that "you lost the ability to show love or to receive it." He then went on talking about how to build bridges. He defined Love as "The ability to see a need and finding a way to fulfill it." It was a good message pertaining to Discipleship. Sorry about shortening the whole thing so much.

Missions Reality 2009
As 2nd Year students at WOLBI we have the opportunity to go on a missions trip from April 29-May 8 2010. It is a great ministry, with lots of different opportunities. We will do open air evangelism, work with local churches, work on projects around the Word of Life campus' visit missionary homes, and even use the game of soccer to evangelize. This years options of trips consist of Argentina, Hungary, Quebec, Ukraine, and Brazil. They all will cost around $2,000. I'm not really sure where I want to go, but I think I'm leaning more towards Argentina, Ukraine, and Brazil. I will have to turn in my application by Sept. 20 so please pray for me and my decision on where I'm going to try to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment