Monday, September 21, 2009

BI has begun

Thursday and Friday us R.A.'s sat in front of our dorm from 1-5 awaiting the arrival of the new students. We greeted the new comers, eagerly listening to find out if they are going to be in our room. I still await one more student. I currently have in my room across the hall; Adam Yoder (My roommate last year, and is currently the Physical Education R.A.), Tim (Is on the basketball team), David (Came from France, lived there all his life), and Brian (A pretty decent Halo player). In my room, I have Josh Griffin (Whom I roomed with all summer for STC) and Gun-Mo (From Korea, he is teaching me Korean). I am also learning Japanese this year from Mana Daitsu. I was kinda worried about the kind of students I would end up with in my rooms, but I think God gave me a great group of guys to be with.

Birthday Kidnap!!!
Friday night was Adam Davenports' birthday he turned 19. He has been commenting that nothing ever happens on his birthday for various reasons. So a group of us decided to try to do something special. We concluded to kidnap him. As all the Parents with their new college kids stood around/in the dinning hall, we put a pillow cover over Adam's head and guided him out of the dinning room. We made Adam climb  over bike racks through bushes and trees, made him jump over holes that didn't exist, and had him climb under some fences. It was a fun time, we enjoyed cake and ice-cream and tons of watermelon thanks to Mark and Amy Wallenwine.

No comments:

Post a Comment