Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Trip to Taipei Part #3

On Sunday we went to a bilingual church then spent the rest of the day in a night market in the middle of the day.

I was supposed to meet up with a guy I have never met before to go skateboarding with. However he lost his cell phone so it caused some complications trying to meet up.  Also during this time we lost one of the Korean guys. We searched for him all over the Taipei main metro area and called him in Korean over the loud speaker. Eventually after about 30min. he was found.


Later that night Betsy treated us out to a great meal at her workplace, T.G.I. Fridays. Then we rode the train and bus to Taipei 101. Taipei 101 was the tallest building from 2004 - 2010.  The photo above was taken without a tripod at 1/6 shutter-speed. I had to lay on the ground to be able to get the whole building in view/stabilize my camera the best I could. They enjoyed taking pictures of me laying on the ground being so dedicated to getting the picture I wanted.

After we went back to the Hostel, Clay and I decided to go exploring again. Betsy directed us to a temple a couple blocks down the street. The photos below were taken between 12-1am.




We spent a little more time in Taipei Monday morning then took a 2 hour bus ride back home. I don't if every Taiwanese are really good at being tour guides or if just Betsy is. It was a really fun weekend and I can't wait to see more of Taiwan!

No comments:

Post a Comment