Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow Camp Week #3


This is Snow Camp Week #3, I am working in the kitchen my schedule looks like this: Friday Diner 4:15-7:00; Saturday Breakfast 7:15am-11am; and Sunday Breakfast 7:15am-9:30am. Yes I only work 3 shifts, it is a very easy weekend for me. Lets start out by saying the good news, is that there was 19 people put their faith in Christ Jesus over the weekend.

This week we have about 400 campers which makes things a little more crazy. Most of the meals I worked went well, for breakfast saturday we ran out of pancakes, trying to cook as fast as people were eating wasn't easy, then on top of it all our drink lines froze (soda machines and juice machines), so we had to use those 10 gallon sports jugs to serve Orange Juice, Water, and Apple Juice. However the attitude in the kitchen was really good, what could have been a very stressful time, felt very relaxed and well controlled.

Student Workers (stc) came up for a weekend of snow camp from working with them all summer on the ranch. I was supervisor over some of them in the dish pit. I enjoy being able to see them again, and look forward to seeing them this coming summer, as I most likely will be working on the Ranch again.
Left to Right: John, ???, Adam Davenport, ???, Dale Nolan, Joe, Josh, and Joe's brother

This was Kurtis' first weekend counseling, he got the privilege of counseling with my good friend Kyle Paradise, guaranteed a good time!

Tommy Sewal (and friends) runs a snowboard demo for the Camp on Saturday nights during the cardboard sled races.

No comments:

Post a Comment