Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Snow Camp Week #1


This last week was the first week of snow camp this year. I worked lunch friday, lunch and diner saturday, and lunch on sunday. I was the food prep guy. The weekend went by so fast, I hardly even knew it was snow camp. I had a very nice light load of work. I would actually be bored when I got off work because all my friends had work to do. So I would go work with them, or go play "rumble ball", probably the best activity for snow camp.
Rules: Get ball through other teams goal post, any way possible.
I have to hold myself back though, because the game makes me really aggressive and I really want to just start punching the person with the ball, but I resist and tackle them instead. Overall snow camp went well, when meal we didn't make enough food, and had a delay. Then at the end of the meal all that was left was sauce for noodles and broccoli. So we went out for pizza because sauce on broccoli didn't sound very good to me.

15 teens received Christ over the weekend. It was a smaller weekend with only 200 campers, but praise God for the changed lives.

Please be praying for me as I will be a Unit Leader this coming snow camp weekend, and my ministry in the lives of campers and counselors.

(Sorry there is no photos, it has been taking to long to get them uploaded and I wanted to post this before this weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment