Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Self-Nation"


“Self-Nation”

In spite of my King
I stand alone
I took the throne to lead my own
In the pride of my hands
I’ve raised a progression of digression
My nation is weak
We fight to fall
Our dependence is independent
Have you seen the earthquakes thrive?
I look to my people
To my emotions, and feelings
My council
We have decided to continue to fight to die
Survival doesn’t feed our pride
Rage war with me friend
Man against man
Face to mirror
The wounds of my enemies leave me scars
The smiles we wear are seen in terror
Where has our peace gone?
Give me War! I Cry!
We lie in desolation
Our minds equipped with self-nation
We have won before, but now we fall
The enemy has strengthened?
No!, the allies have weakened!
We went to war to fight our war
The war that wasn’t ours
Our King, Thy God’s
I come back to battle for you
Equip me
Take my slaughter into your hands
Revive me from this man
My enemy, that is me
No longer to serve myself
I’m enslaved to you my King!

Proverbs 16:18 "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall"

I wrote this poem basically because lots of times I go throughout my life, relying on myself instead of God. I look to myself to solve my problems to give myself strength and endure through things or even looking to others and skateboarding to help me feel better, before I ever consider going to God and His Word. As I am growing I more and more turn to the scriptures to see what God's Word has to say, and how it can comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment