Sunday, January 24, 2010

Snow Camp Week #2



Sorry no pictures, I didn't want to carry my camera around to hinder my ministry, seeing I didn't know what to expect, but next time, I realize that it shouldn't be a problem.

Week #2 of Snow Camp has just ended about 1 hour ago. I was a Unit Leader this weekend. Basically I make sure my counselors are doing their job, and that any problems they have are taken care of, or if they need anything to try to provide it for them. Thankfully but sadly my job was pretty easy, so much so I was almost bored, trying to find something to do, as my counselors got sick of me asking them and even bagging them to let me help them in anyway, but I suppose that is a good thing. If it was easy then their must be a lot of problems for me to deal with.

Friday Night, I believe 4 kids, that my counselors counseled, put their faith in Christ. Out of the entire camp 33 kids put their faith in Christ. One of the campers, in my counseling unit, hardly even knew who Noah was. Steve Fiasse (counselor) got to talk to him and share with him creation with other stories, and answered a lot of great questions for him. He asked Steve if he could believe science at all anymore basically, so he had a great opportunity to share with him about those things.

Probably the funniest thing I did all week was play rumble ball with my counselors and campers. We played for about 2 hours. Something about just thrashing people for no apparent reason, is a lot of fun to me. Then my R.A. from last year joined on the other team, I made sure I got some revenge for a few d-points from last year...

As the day went on a had a few issues to deal with, which challenges me a lot because I like to see everyone happy, and I hate it when I can't make both sides happy. Confrontation....however after getting to talk to some people everything was fine and I got to know some guys a lot better through the problems.

The past 2 weeks we have had 200 campers, but the rest of snow camp season we will be having 400 campers every week.

Please continue to be praying for me as I go through the school year, and pray for wisdom in the leadership positions I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment