Saturday, December 5, 2009

Underoath Concert

Friday at 4 I headed out to Grand Rapids with my brother, Kurtis, and David Tanner, to go to the Underoath concert with other artist, Emery and August Burns Red, at the Orbit Room. The Tickets were $23 at the door. We got in, and started right at the front of the concert about 2 people from the very front. Emery came on first singing a christmas song, wearing winter coats, with christmas trees and a snowman on stage. As the show went on it keep getting more crammed in the front rows. I believe it was Josh Head, (the one with long hair and a beard) came out into the crowed, walking on top of the crowed, he stepped on my head. and then kneeled right there. I was holding up his right leg with like 7 other fingers reaching up to help me, he did his screaming part right there over us in the crowd. Everyone else one Emery didn't put on a very good show in my opinion. The crowd keep getting more and more crammed, after one of the members of Emery was in the crowd, everyone keep pushing up. I literally picked up my feet and I didn't fall to the ground because all the other bodies around me would hold me up. Then If you didn't jump with the ground they would pull you up with them. We slowly were getting pushed back, and others cramming in front of us. After Emery made some comments about August Burns Red playing soft music, they came on. By this time we where really far from the front. But no harm done, it was better back there, because it was less crammed and you could actually mosh.

During August Burns Red, it was just crazy moshing the whole time, without a stop. They just continually played, you could hardly tell when they went to the next song. I threw Kurtis up to crowd surf to the front, then David later came and sent me forward. We then returned back to the moshing, it was getting so hot, I was trying to take a break, but every time I would reach the edge of the mosh pit, I would get shoved back into the middle. IN between August Burns Red and Underoath I got a nice little break, and some water.

Underoath didn't play as hard as A.B.R. but everyone was going way crazy, because they were the last band and I thought had better break downs. It was nice moshing to Underoath because it was constant moshing you could get a little break in certain parts of their songs. However it was also during their show when the moshing got really intense, there was like 3 different pits, the ones with the 12 year old kids, the ones with everyone else, and then the ones with the guys that are ripped and huge. I couldn't settle for less then the best, so I put myself in the middle of the most intense pit. Getting shoved from one end of the pit to the other end, getting knocked around by huge guys. I got kicked in the face, a elbow to the jaw. and the worst one was when I got shoved towards this other bigger guy who rammed into me with his elbow into my ribs. It took me a little bit before I could breath again. I had to exit the show and catch my breath and get a drink after that one. When I cam back there was this small girl in her teens in the mosh put shoving and getting thrown around with all the big guys, it was pretty impressive.

I was disappointed in Underoath, they made a little mention about God, but they didn't give a clear presentation of the gospel. Perhaps they do at other shows, but they didn't at this one. And with such a huge fan base, and everyone who goes to their shows, they have a huge opportunity, that I hate to see them waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment