Monday, April 19, 2010

Designing a Skatepark


I am currently working on a project to design a skatepark for the church in Perth. I don't know the budget yet, they want me to design the park first. So I am working on about 3 different designs and I can always make them cheaper if the money doesn't come in. I have 50" by 60" of space to work with. The Park will be all wood. My focus is to have some pretty solid objects, but I want most of the park to be movable so kids can make up different obstacles and redesign the format of the park whenever they skate, that way it will take a lot longer for them to get bored with it. I am in the very early stages of the design, I am working on a few different layout ideas, and different objects I am kinda making up, some that I am imitating from other famous skate spots, and others from my own creative desire to skate interesting things. After I get a good idea of some of the objects I want in the park, I am going to have to start taking measurements, and put together the plans of each object. I am going to draw up a few 3D models of the final designs in Googles program "Sketch Up". If you have any sweet ideas for objects or park layouts please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment