Saturday, October 15, 2011

Rainbow Village - Taichung, Taiwan


I stumbled a crossed Rainbow Village on the internet, finding out it was in Taiwan near my home. I knew nothing about it but wanted to go see what I saw in the pictures online.

This is the home of the man who did all the paintings. He is currently 88 years old. We were able to go into his home and talk with him. In the photo below he gives me one of his paintings of a rabbit. From my understanding he doesn't sell any of his paintings, he just loves what he does. He lives in a small room that could barely fit us in while we talked.



We needed a translator to help us understand what he was saying. In Chinese he said I know a little English, "Good Morning" and "Mornin" mean the same thing. He then told us about being from Hong Kong. He pulled out a book of photos of Jackie Chan (photo above) because Jackie Chan is from Hong Kong. He then showed us a letter that he wrote to send to Hong Kong. "I still write to people in Hong Kong, he is a letter I am going to send."


As we continued to talk we found out he goes to a church down the road every Sunday. I wish I could have talked to him much longer but we had to leave. We stopped by and saw his church on the way out which also had paintings all over it.

1 comment: