Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Taiwan Ministry


The past 2 years I have been going to the Word of Life Bible Institute, studying the Bible. Through that I have been given many opportunities to share the gospel, using different tools. (Summer Camp, Super Bowls [All-Night Events], Local Church Ministries, Snow Camp, leadership positions on campus, Sharing the gospel on the streets of NYC [and Boston for a few hours], Video ministry [Where Was God When...?], Ukraine, speaking, and using skateboarding.) Now have the opportunity to go to Taiwan to share the gospel, through teaching English.

Tuesday – Friday we have classes with the students. They are only allowed to speak English at these times. If they do speak Chinese they have to pay a $1 for every word they say. After classes are over, we spend time with them speaking English to help them learn further outside of a classroom setting. One of the ways we teach English is by using the Bible. That way we can teach them about God, while also teaching them more English. The Steiner’s have been developing the school over the past few years. They currently have about 20 students, 6 that didn’t know Christ, but 3 have accepted Christ since they started this term. (www.wolsyme.com). While I am in Taiwan, I will be studying the Chinese language while also taking courses online with Liberty University. (Funded by me/ not my support).

Taiwan is a mostly Buddhist country, located off the coast of China.

If you would like to help me with this ministry, I would like to ask you for your prayers and financial support. I will be leaving, January 13, 2010. The financial need will be $1,200/month (insurance, food, housing, ministry, stipend, language/culture training etc).  I also will need to raise set-up funds of $3,325 (airfare, visa, training cost, language etc)

If you would like to receive a support letter please send me a message, with your name and address. Or you can give online at www.wol.org/giving

Thank You.


Follow me on my facebook Group "Dale's Mission to Taiwan"

No comments:

Post a Comment