Monday, August 16, 2010

For Today - Album: Portraits


I have recently found a metal band called "For Today" on itunes, probably if you like Norma Jean or War of Ages you will like them too. Their last album "Portraits" came out in January 2009 with Facedown Records. I don't know their plans for a new album but I am sure one will come out soon. They have very solid, God honoring lyrics, probably the most clear and direct ones I have heard from a hardcore band. All their songs have a theme based around Christ. Check out the lyrics from the song "Saul Of Tarsus (The Messenger)" below;

Lyrics to Saul Of Tarsus (The Messenger) :
May the world know that I am yours. I
will never be silenced. I will resist my sin to the point of blood, and I will
wear my scars like badges of honor. But let my hope cry out that my God is
greater than the pain of persecution. My God is greater than this
world.

There will never be another chance to live today for God. There will
never be another name that can save us from ourselves. And so, steadfast and
undeterred, I will proclaim the name of Christ to a dead and dying world. I am
not ashamed!
We will resist our sin to the point of blood, and we will wear
our scars like badges of honor. But let our hope cry out that our God is
greater than the pain of persecution.

Blinded, I saw that Christ is Lord.
Now, may the world see you through open eyes. God, my Father, reign



If you would like to check out more of their lyrics go to Lyrics Mania.


I didn't have the full $9.90 to buy their album, so I just bought a couple of their songs instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment