Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rosetta Stone

Rosetta Stone V4 TOTALe: Chinese (Mandarin) Level 1-3 Set
I just received Rosetta Stone to help me further learn Chinese (Mandarin). I actually didn't even know I was getting it until Word of Life provided it for me this past weekend. I think it is a great tool if you put the time into using it and also practicing what you learn from it to people who speak the language to correct your mistakes.

The main idea in how RosettaStone works is that when we are learning a language as a child we associate words with the things we see. As you learn words with Rosetta Stones they are accompanied with an image. There is also an microphone you speak into that it tries to tell you if you are saying a word correctly or not (not 100% accurate).

If you have the time and really want to learn a language, I would suggest this program. However I have heard that the best way to learn a language is to live among people who speak it, with limited use of English.

No comments:

Post a Comment