Friday, November 19, 2010

QR Codes


If you haven't heard of QR codes yet it's time to learn about them. The image above can be scanned by your smartphone (iPhone, etc.). When it is scanned it will automatically bring you to my website, for this instance this QR code will bring you to my blog. But no need for that because you are already here. 

However lets say I have a art show or a skate demo coming up and I want to promote it. I can put our fliers promoting the event, and then also have this QR code on the flier. People can then scan the code and it will bring up all the information they need to know about the event. There is many uses and reasons you would want to use this.

I can put this on all the photos I post online and if anyone is interest in my work they can scan it and it will bring them right to my website, making it easier to contact me.

QR codes are getting more and more common, especially as smartphones become more and more common. If you are interested in making one, it is a lot easier then you think. It won't cost you any money. All you need to do is follow this link and then proceed to enter in your web address. Then it will automatically generate your own QR code.

No comments:

Post a Comment