Sunday, November 8, 2009

Superbowl Rodchester


My original ministry was going to be a superbowl jammer but I wanted to do an individual ministry with skateboarding. I got my wish, however I still wanted to go out on a couple of superbowls so last friday I went to Rodchester and next weekend I go to Albany. We left campus at 12:30, I road over with the jammers and kinda helped out as if I was a jammer. At the Rally after the hockey game, they put me on the red team prop team with Owen Walsh who was kinda lead the red prop team. We basically got all the props for the games set up, and then were in charge of helping out with the games in the stands and throwing prizes out into the crowd. From the Rally there was 40 kids who accept Christ as their savior.


After the rally the jammers went to the sports complex, it was a huge building with indoor turf, soccer fields, a bunch of inflatables, basketball, and much more. I mostly played baga-ball all night, with a russian accent. It fooled a few people some thought we were German. Then we played this game we like to call Kill-ball just because it feels like you are going to die when you play the game, or kill someone by accident. Basically you are in a round inflatable, with four goals that extend out of the circle in a little down slant, it looks like a round bounce house thing when you first see it. Owen, Kyle Paradise and I jumped in to play, realizing that this bounce house is a crazy game of dodge ball. Kids are hitting other kids in the face from 7 feet away. We were doing awesome just defending our goal from the dodgeballs getting in, until I got hit in the face falling backwards into my goal. Once you fall into the goal it is hard to get up especially when there is another person in there with you, seeing as the goal is on a downward incline. As you lay trying to get out, you keep feeling the stinging feeling of balls hitting your face, knocking you back down into the goal. Then there was these little girls about 12 years old maybe, they hated me and I don't know why, maybe it was the Russian accent, maybe it was because they thought I was cute. Then one girl looked at me and told me she didn't like me. They keep throwing dodgeball at us, I would return the favor, but I was being nice and didn't want to hurt them like we were the guys, but they were definitely more scary then any of the guys in there. It was such a blast, overall it was pretty fun, and not to painful except for the knee to Owen's head probably hurt pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment