Monday, December 6, 2010

Learning Chinese

Photo from Google
I have begun learning chinese beyond trying to studying it online. I am now being taught through skype from a former Word of Life Student, Iris. She lives in Hong Kong right now and is willing to take the time out of her week to teach me chinese every other day.

I also have gotten in contact with a friend of my cousin's who went to Taiwan as part of his ministry on the ship "Doulos". Betty is going to skype with me once a week.  Being able to hear someone speak Chinese and ask them conversation is going to really help me to learn pronunciation correctly and culture, giving me a head start for learning Chinese when I get to Taiwan.

I am very excited about learning a 2nd language over the course of the next 2 years, it is something I hope I will be able to use forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment