Sunday, July 11, 2010

New Lens: AF-S DX VR Zoom- NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G IF-ED


I have just recently purchased a 55-200mm camera lens for $200 from B&H Photo online. (Amazon - Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR [Vibration Reduction] Zoom Nikkor Lens). The Normal retail price is $250. I would like to give good report of B&H, I ordered my lens the 7th and it arrived the 9th for the standard $8 shipping. They also seem to have a very good 1 year warranty they put on their products.

The Price for the lens at $250 is already a great deal. Nikon made a very good lens to be available at a very low cost. The only thing I don't like about the lens is you have to be at least 3 feet away, to focus on a object and the maximum f/stop is f/4-5.6.

I have been in many situations where I wished I had a lens that zoomed in more then 55mm. I figured it would be worth the pictures for my travels and for creativity. It is really nice because it leaves off where my 18-55mm stops, going from 55-200mm.

Maximum Zoom with my 18-55mm

Maximum zoom with my new 55-200mm.

Maximum Zoom at 55mm

Maximum Zoom at 200mm

The first day with my new lens I took only about 180 photos. All day it was super cloudly, with not very good weather or lighting for a picture day. Here are some photos that I took:









No comments:

Post a Comment