Sunday, January 3, 2010

Return to Wolbi



Another break has come before I knew and now it is over as if it all never happened, and I was here the whole time. Kurtis and I drove back from break in his car on Jan 1st at 11am. The total drive was about 14 hours, the first day we drove about 8 hours, stopped at a cousins house then finished the drive the next day. The weather was great, not any problems the whole trip except my neck is a little sore from headbanger for about an hour during our ride.

It's been really excited seeing all my friends from school again and soon to be digging into God's Word being taught by amazing teachers serve around the world. This week is full of snow camp preparations, we kicked off the past few days with tons of meetings all day, we have more Monday and Tuesday, then classes start Wednesday. Next weekend is missions conference, were we will get to here from amazing speakers. I believe the weekend after that is the start of snow camp.

My official snow camp position title is "Unit Leader". I don't know why I was chosen or why God would want me in this position. As the month unfolds I will probably see how it has grown me and what it taught me. Every other weekend I basically counsel the counselors. The counselors get about 5 to 4 kids per counselor. Then I oversee them, I challenge them, try to see if things are going good with them, make sure they are doing their job, help them with problems with campers, and so forth. I also help out with other little things, which I am not completely sure about at the moment. Then on the other weekends I get to work in the kitchen overseeing that area helping make sure everything goes right, and workers are doing their job.

I am excited for the leadership opportunities this year that have been presented to me. I have already been challenged a lot with being an R.A. over 6 guys, being able to share devos with them, counsel them, and having to enforce the rules over them.

At this point last year, I wasn't planning on coming back for 2nd year, but through the events at snow camp, and the spring quarter, I decided from the growth I had, and how much I learned that this would be a wise choice to come back. I have received many opportunities the past few years from being at wobli. From doing Open Air Evangelism on the streets of NYC for an entire week, all day every day, getting many opportunities to use my skateboard as an evangelistic tool, friendships, and discipleship. I have spring quarter left to go with Missions trip to Ukraine, (I need to raise about $1,000 more), then summer ministry and many things in between. Like last year I will look back and be amazed at where God has taken me, and wonder where He will take me next.

Please be praying for me this year, for wisdom as an R.A. and Unit Leader, to handle situations wisely, have an impact on the guys I am discipling and come in contact with, and that I will be using my time wisely studying the Word of God, and learning what I can while I am under these faithful men.

No comments:

Post a Comment